Thursday, November 29, 2007

Baby Andrew

This last weekend I had a special guest! Baby Andrew from Living Stones Orphanage came and stayed with me for the night. I had a couple days off of work and thought it would be a fun thing to do. Last year having babies in the house was a more common thing to do. We had a baby named Moses stay in our house for almost his first month. He was born at Mercy and we kind of adopted him as our house babe.
Andrew is about 2 months old. Right now at living stones they have 3 little babies and 5 or 6 others that are around 1 yr, then there are some older kids that have been there since they were born. I chose Andrew cause he was the oldest of the smaller babies. I wanted to take a baby that could smile, and he definitely can! We left the orphanage and took a trip to Gaisano Mall to pick up some formula. As a foreigner her you get lots of attention but get used to it over time. When you as a foreigner are carrying around a little Filipino baby you are recognized even more. Then to have people think he is mine and I have a Filipino husband.
It's kind of interesting. We survived the trip to the mall with flying colors. Andrew is a very good baby. At home he slept most the afternoon and evening. I was ready to be up all night with him since he had slept a big chunk of the evening, but he slept most of the night also. I made him a hammock over my bed out of a malong. A malong is a traditional bed sheet that is sewn into a tube. I tied it between the bars on the windows. It worked very well. Sunday afternoon I took him back to his home. Hopefully I will be able to see him again soon!


No comments: