Friday, November 30, 2007

Jean and Donna

Today I went to immigration to extend my visa. Sadly immigration was closed because today is a holiday, Bonafacio Day. Jean was there, she works as a security guard at immigration. I delivered Jean's 3rd baby in November 2003. I enjoy seeing Jean every couple of months when I am at immigration.
Since today is a holiday and nobody there was working, Jean had her daughter there with her. Today was the first time I have seen Donna since she was a week old. She just celebrated her 4th birthday! Jean is one of just a couple women that I have video footage of during the birth. Jean had not seen it since the birth so I went home and grabbed my computer and went back to immigration to show Jean and her daughter Donna the birth video.

It was really special watching the video with them, and for Donna to get to see what her mother looked like still pregnant with her, and to see herself as a baby. Jean was explaining the video to Donna. Jean laughed a lot and said she was ugly, I assured her she wasn't. These pictures here are images I took off the video footage of the birth. Jean was very sweet. I met her when she came into the clinic in labor and asked her if she would mind if I took video, she said no prob.
Donna is a very outgoing little girl. She wasn't afraid of me. She seemed very intrigued by me. This was very special for me to see her at 4 years old. It makes me think of all of the other little 4 yr olds running around that I caught and what they are like.




No comments: