Monday, May 7, 2007

2 babies in 1 day!

Today I saw Che Che for a post partum check. It has now been 4 days since she had delivered. Both her and baby Lester are doing well.
Yesterday I delivered 2 babies! I average about 1 a month so 2 in one day is pretty exciting. I worked night shift on saturday night. We were pretty busy, having 3 babies born on our shift, and 1 right at shift change. I ended up staying a couple hours after shift to finish up caring for my patient and her baby. I ended up getting home around 10 in the morning and quickly went to sleep since I didn't sleep that night. Around 3 in the afternoon I was woken up by a text. One of my continuities (Rose) was in labor and wanting to come into the clinic. I went to the clinic to meet her. She was in good labor, having contractions just a couple minutes apart. By 9 pm she delivered a little, well rather large baby girl! I was so excited for her. She named the baby Angel Grace. I was at Rose's last birth when I was a student here in 2003. I got home by midnight, very tired, but happy with how the day went. God was good to give me strength to make it through.