Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Going Home


I have finally come to the day where I am on my way home. Yesterday I started my journey up to Manila where I stayed with 2 old friends of mine that were students the same time I was, Naomi and Nicole. It was great to get to see and visit them. I haven't seen them for over 3 years now. This morning I woke up and headed for the Manila International Airport. Something amazing happened that I would never to expect at that airport. I made it through check-in and immigration in about 20 min. You are told to arrive 3 hours before the flight to have enough time to make it through all of that. So it was great I had 2 1/2 hours to relax before having to board. Now I am in Hong Kong awaiting my flight to San Franciso. Then I fly to Portland from there. I am excited to go home for a break. I get 2 months in Oregon!
The last couple weeks in Davao have gone by really fast! 2 days after I wrote my last blog AiAi delivered. Unfortunately she had to deliver in the hospital. She gave birth to a baby boy. I went and visited her the next day. She had a normal delivery, the baby was doing okay also. Thank you so much for your prayer and support this year. I will keep you updated on my summer activies back in Oregon. I am planning of going back to the Philippines at the beginning of August. I am commited through the next summer, although there is always the possibility of staying longer :)

1 comment:

JennJo said...

I keep thinking I should text you so we can hang out, and then I remember you are gone. :( I hope you got home safely!