Friday, September 7, 2007

God's Blessings


Ofelia and her family are an extra special blessing from God. She is the sister of one of my former patients' Mildred. Mildred delivered at mercy at the end of 2006. I saw Mildred in the clinic a couple weeks ago. She was accompanying one of her friends in labor. God really used Mildred's birth to bless me. I have written about her before. Her mother prayed over me as I was delivering her grand baby. That was so powerful to be prayed over while delivering a baby. Since her birth their family has always been special to me. When I saw Mildred a couple weeks ago she asked me if her sister could have her baby here at Mercy. She was already late in her pregnancy and couldn't deliver at Mercy unless I decided to take her as my own patient. Well I did of course, and God has blessed the situation. Ofelia and her family have just moved back to Davao from Bohol. Well this last weekend when I was in the clinic with another one of my patients, I saw Ofelia's mother there. She was there with her grand daughter in labor. This was her first great grandchild to be born. So Mildred was also there. Her granddaughter had an amazing birth. Many prayers and tears. This birth made me even more excited to get to deliver Ofelia's baby. She is due at the end of September. I saw Ofelia for a prenatal this last wednesday. She was such a blessing. After I finished praying for her, she prayed for our clinic and for the Filipinos in Davao, that they would come to know Jesus and be touched when they come to Mercy. When we were finished praying be both opened our eyes and said thank you! Please pray for this special family.

No comments: