Monday, August 6, 2007

Baby Christian Aya-ay!



Early this morning I got a text saying that my friend N-day was at the clinic in labor. I have known N-day from when I was here in 2003 as a student. I took responsibility of her care and was her midwife for her first baby. This last spring I found out she was pregnant again and decided that I would love to be her midwife again. The only problem was that she was due just around the time that I was planning on coming back to the Philippines. There was a big possibility that she would deliver before I got back. Luckily she waited for me to return. She arrived at the clinic at 5am in good labor. She delivered a little after 8am to a cute little boy. They were really excited, their first baby was a girl. Everything went smoothly. I was so blessed to be able to share this experience with her. What a cool way to jump back into life here! I found out after the birth that N-day and her partner had a wedding date today for 11am. Unfortunately they were not able to make it to their wedding, it made for good laughs though.
I am adjusting well to being back. Tomorrow night I officially jump into things with working the night shift.


1 comment:

~TK ~ said...

Hey jonna! Welcome back! We all missed you, and it's going to be a great year with you in the house! See ya in two weeks!