Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Wedding



This last weekend I attended the wedding of my friend Amor. I have known her from when I first came to the philippines in 2003. As you can see the wedding was outdoors overlooking the ocean. They had a beautiful ceramony followed by a great reception.











I must say that the best wedding "tradition" they had was the releasing of the doves, or "butterflies." Amor wanted the guests to release butterflies as a symbol of us becoming new beautiful creations in christ. They handed out live butterflies to each of us which were folded in paper. We all took out the butterflies and released them at the same time. What a joyous moment!



1 comment:

BillF said...

Jonna,
My comment from last week apparently didn't get through to you. Sorry about that. Basically it said that I saw Jacob and Sandi Fox at church -- they were visiting Matt and Teri. Sandi is seven months pregnant and pretty excited. Jacob is full of plans for "the nursery" and is also pretty excited. That pregnancy will make Matt and Teri grandparents for the Fourth time.

The wedding looks great. My favorite picture is of you and Amor -- she looks so fine.

How is Archie?

We're having a church potluck this afternoon out at Sunset Bay State Park. I'll think about you and pray for you while we're out there looking at the Pacific Ocean. You are so far away across that ocean, but so very close in our hearts.

GOOD JOB WITH THE BLOG. Keep it up. It's really great to hear from you and share a portion of your experience.

I have a cousin who, with her husband, is a professional potter. You might be interested in knowing them -- I'm sure they would be interested in knowing you. Her father,the younger brother of my mother was a Methodist minister. Their address is www.taterknob.com.

Pastor Marcel from Burkina Faso, West Africa has been visiting here fro the last two weeks. He would, I am sure, like to hear from you. His address is www.yanogomarcel@yahoo.fr. Who knows, maybe you or one of your students could spend some time in Burkina Faso.

God Bless You

BillF